On Wednesday, October 19, 2016, Orlando Remembered, Inc., met at the Orange County Regional History Center, 65 E. Central Blvd., Orlando FL. Meeting was called to order at 9 a.m., followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. Attending were:
Claude Wolfe, President
Shirley Cannon, Vice President
Grace Chewning, Secretary/Treas.
Mark Line, Past Chairman
Peggy Jo van den Berg
1. MINUTES – The September 21 minutes were approved as written on motion of A. Bennett, seconded by T. Buck and vote carried.
2. TREASURER’S REPORT: $26,856.08 as of 9-30.
3. EXHIBITS/DISPLAY PANELS: Mark Line, Coordinator, reviewed status of various items listed in Agenda Item 3 and requested updates from individual assignees as specific efforts progress.
4. OLD BUSINESS: The October 13th 2016 Donald A. Cheney Award Celebration honoring our “Friend” Don Price, Greenwood Cemetery Sexton, was a great evening!
5. NEW BUSINESS: Ashlie Darley and Gail Padgett extended an Invitation to attend the St. Luke’s Episcopal Church dedication of its National Historic Marker this Sunday at 9 a.m.
6. ON-GOING ACTIVITIES: () Mike Perkins provided an overview of numerous programs, exhibits and activities involving the History Center. () Shirley Cannon noted that Mark Line is the new Chairman of the Pinecastle Heritage Board.
7. ANNOUNCEMENTS/GOOD OF THE ORDER: Walter Hawkins, Director of Urban Development, City of Orlando, addressed the group with an extremely interesting – and entertaining! – perspective of his life growing up in the Parramore area.
8. ORLANDOANS REMEMBERED: People whose lives were so important to so many, who helped make Orlando a great City and whose passing represents a significant loss to our community: Louis Edward “Lou” Stone; Doris Wilma Bleckley; Thomas Albert Ravenscroft, Sr.; Joseph Scott “Joe” Fosgate; Charles Warren Abbott, Esq.; Dr. Charles Russell Capehart, Sr.; Selby William Sullivan, Esq.; Beverly Ann Burcham Dantzler.
9. ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 10:10 a.m. Next OR gathering is November 16, 2016, 9 a.m., at the History Center.
Grace Ann Chewning, Secretary-Treasurer
Orlando Remembered, Inc., Loves “The City Beautiful!”