On Wednesday, December 19, 2018, Orlando Remembered,Inc.,met at the Peach Valley Café, 2849 S. Orange Ave., Orlando FL. Meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m., followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. Attending were:
Jane Tracy, President
Gary Daugherty, VP
Claude Wolfe, Past President
Grace Chewning, Secy/Treas.
Peggy Jo van den Berg
1. PRESENTATION: Guest speakers were several members who shared delightful and insightful memories of life in “The City Beautiful!” – including Charlie Gray, George Rodon, Tom Beaty, Rodney Kincaid, Tammy Stone, Gail Padgett, Don Batchelor, Gary Daugherty, Leon Handley, Shirley Cannon, Peggy Jo van den Berg.
2. MINUTES: The November 23 minutes were approved as written on motion of V. Ratliff, seconded by B. Woodbery and vote carried.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: $28,523.71 [including $10,000 in Andrew N. Serros Legacy Endowment Fund] as of 11-30.
4. ORLANDOANS REMEMBERED: People whose lives were so important to so many, who helped make Orlando a great City and whose passing represents a significant loss to our community: Betty Lou Maddox Hartsaw; Chas. “Chuck” Monroe Beach; Marjorie “Midge” Webb Lloyd; James W. “Chief” Wilson; Joseph L. “Bud” Amos; Jerry Kingsley; Samuel C. Stephens, Jr., M.D.; Robert Dalton, M.D.; Woodson “Woody” Parkmon Daniel, III.
5. ADJOURNMENT:There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 10:45 a.m. Next regular meeting is Wednesday, January 16, 9:15 a.m., Orlando Public Library, Melrose Center/2ndfloor.