On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, Orlando Remembered, Inc., met in the Melrose Center at the Orlando Public Library, 101
E. Central Blvd., Orlando FL. Meeting was called to order at 9:30 a.m.,
followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of
America. Attending were:
Jane Tracy, President
Grace Chewning, Secy./Treas.
Claude Wolfe, Past President
Peggy Jo van den Berg
1. GUEST SPEAKERS: Richard and Joy Fox offered an informative and delightful performance on: The Pioneers of Lake Pineloch, How primitive land was conquered, and ultimately became the Southern Oaks neighborhood. [http://orlandomemory.info/places/the-pioneers-of-lake-pineloch-presented-by-joy-richard-fox-orlando-remembered-2019/]
2. MINUTES: The September 16 minutes were approved as written on motion of C. Wolfe, seconded by B. Woodbery and vote carried.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: $28,440.69
[including $10,000 in Andrew N. Serros Legacy Endowment Fund]
as of 6-30-19.
4. EXHIBITS/DISPLAYS: () M. Line advised that: efforts continue for installation of displays in the Angebilt Hotel and at the Callahan Center; the display at United Trophy has been removed and is in storage at the History Center; refurbishment is in progress for reinstallation of the City Hall displays.
5. NEW BUSINESS: % Mark Line, Chairman of the Nominating Committee, presented the following slate of Officers for 2019-2020: Jane Tracy, President; Bob Woodbery, Vice President; Grace Chewning, Secretary-Treasurer. There being no nominations from the floor, it was moved by C. Wolfe, seconded by S. Cannon and vote carried that the foregoing be elected by acclamation.
6. ON-GOING ACTIVITIES: () Tiffany Rivera reported via email that F RICHES hosted an Oral History Workshop on October 23 and trained over 40 students on the importance of capturing living history. F Work is still underway on RICHES 2.0, which includes a series of enhancement to the Mosaic Interface. F View the RICHES Program Highlights here. () S. Cannon provided updates on various activities in Pine Castle, e.g. remodeling the Crawford House, 5903 Randolph; on-going efforts toward development of the old Correct Craft site; preserving the Lancaster House, 5901 Randolph. () M. Line noted Orange Preservation Trust continues working toward land-marking historic churches, especially in the Parramore area.
7. ANNOUNCEMENTS/GOOD OF THE ORDER: & Continued prayers for Texann Buck [weekly chemo]. ! Link for last month’s speaker, Joy Wallace Dickinson, click on: http://orlandomemory.info/events/joy-wallace-dickinson-a-special-presentation-at-orlando-remembered/. – Check OR social media presence at http://orlandoremembered.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/71485598736/.