On Wednesday, October 18, 2017, Orlando Remembered, Inc., met at the Orange County Regional History Center, 65 E. Central Blvd., Orlando FL. Meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m., followed by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. Attending were:
Claude Wolfe, President
Grace Chewning, Secretary/Treas.
Peggy Jo van den Berg
- PRESENTATION: Karick Price, Karick Price & Associates/Realtors & Central Citrus Partners, provided an exceptional overview of contributions by Price family members to “The City Beautiful” from 1922! He also played a DVD of a memorable 2008 interview with his uncle, Jack Price, a WWII US Army veteran, who served in the 80th Infantry, recounting what he experienced during and after the Battle of the Bulge, which he miraculously survived with unbelievable injuries.
- MINUTES: The August 16 minutes were approved as written on motion of M. Line, seconded by B. Woodbery and vote carried.
- TREASURER’S REPORT: $25,928.11 as of 9-30.
- NEW BUSINESS: F None
- ON-GOING ACTIVITIES: () Mike Perkins reviewed various upcoming activities/programs scheduled by the History Center, noting the 2017 Donald A. Cheney Award Ceremony will be held on November 30th. () REMINDER: Periodically check out our website and Facebook, www.orlandoremembered.org & https://www.facebook.com/groups/71485598736/, for photos/info posted by Webmaster Ron Jaffe!
- ANNOUNCEMENTS/GOOD OF THE ORDER: J G. Chewning noted that numerous donations to Orlando Remembered in Memory of William H. “Billy” Milligan have been received and are still coming in!
- ORLANDOANS REMEMBERED: People whose lives were so important to so many, who helped make Orlando a great City and whose passing represents a significant loss to our community: Allen Holcomb, M.D.; John T. “Jack” Branham, Jr.; William H. “Billy” Milligan, Charter Member/Past Chairman; Robert “Bob” Billingslea; Andrea Kudlacz; William E. Carlson, Brig. Gen./Ret.; Jeannette Sadler Griffith; Joyce Walkup Roby; William “Bill” Bauman; John Daugherty McKey; M.D; Bill Machmann.
- ADJOURNMENT: There being no further business, meeting was adjourned at 10:05 a.m.
Grace Ann Chewning, Secretary-Treasurer